We provide a range of services to help young people get in touch with and express their individual gifts through creativity and the arts.
- Youth Café operating after school hours
- A programme of creative workshops and training for young people using a range of methodologies – drama, music, photography, creative writing, crafts, dance and film
- Leadership training and development for young people which will be the foundation for further training in a Peer Education Drugs Awareness Programme
- An exhibition space and performance space for young people’s artistic work
- Professional counselling service for young people
- Art therapy workshops on key themes relevant to young people such as loss and addiction
- Meditation room
- Garden space with stage that is also be used as a performance space for music concerts, Battle of the Bands etc.
- Youth theatre
- Youth Information Point
The expanded Youth Cafe currently opens 5 afternoons and evenings a week. This is made possible by a dedicated team of volunteers who commit their time to ensure services are available for young people. During the day the Roots Youth Cafe space is used for training, workshops and creative projects with young people in partnership with Transition Year students, schools and after schools projects.